Friday, September 12, 2008

Noelle's 28th Birthday

My birthday is Sept. 7 but we celebrated it Sat. Sept. 6. I kept telling David I didn't want anything for my birthday day, but of course he wouldn't let that fly so...He woke up early to take care of the kids and made a delicious breakfast of Swedish pancakes, sausage and smoothie. Then our dear friends the Chongs showed up with all sorts of birthday goodies and Dina (pictured in the blue) informed me that we were going out for a surf. It was an epic day out at Ledges with a nice south swell and I caught one one the best waves I've ridden in a long time. I paddled in all stoked and told David and Jorge (Dina's husband) that they should paddle out, but David said I needed to get dressed because I had more birthday surprises coming. Dina took me to lunch where my good friend Marcie showed up (pictured in the white) and then we went to see Mama Mia. After that we went get massages which David had already set up and paid for. What a treat!!! I've never had a day like that and it was a lot of fun. We topped off my best birthday-day ever with a delicious romantic dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant, Cafe Sistina. Needless to say it was a wonderful day and I am so grateful for an amazing husband who thoughtfully planned a fantastic day and watched our two rambunctious kids so I could (as he put it) "take a break." :)
I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful husband! P.S. I cut my hair about 12 inches about a month ago and donated it to Locks of Love. I know all my mainland friends will think it is still really long, but to honest it hasn't been this short since 6th grade (17 years ago)!!!!!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're gorgeous! So glad you had a great birthday. That was sweet of Dave to take the kids for you. I love your hair, it looks great! Love ya!

BBC said...

aww... it looks like you had a fantastic birthday! how sweet of david to plan all those things for you!

Suzette Selden said...

Happy happy birthday Noelle! David has always been so thoughtful. Glad it was wonderful.

W said...

What a fun birthday! I'm so glad you had such a great one.

Katie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Noelle! What a fun day! Can't beat a massage! Honestly my favorite thing ever. And you're right...your hair still looks long to me - but just gorgeous as ever! :)

noelle said...

well, happy birthday! so fun! you look beautiful as always... love your new haircut! very chic... ;)